The Internet of Workers Platform
weavix is seeking a dynamic, growth-oriented Controller to team up with the CFO to guide the company’s continued growth acceleration and enterprise value creation.
The Corporate Controller will act as a strong financial business partner to the weavix™ executive team, handling high-level accounting, managerial accounting, and overseeing the financial activities of the company. The Corporate Controller reports to the CFO of Weavix.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily management of accounting, billing, financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, inventory accounting, cost accounting, revenue recognition, and various special projects and analyses
- Work with CFO to development and implement internal control policies, procedures, and financial planning as needed.
- Monitor cash and funding balances and prepare cash projections.
- Prepare and organize financial statements for record and review
- Assist the CFO in the budgeting and forecast process.
- Advise on financial analyses and decision-making regarding capital investments, pricing, contract negotiations, significant costs, benchmarks, and other matters with management and CFO
- Organize information and statements for audits and both internal and external auditors
- Work with CFO to define, benchmark, and implement operational best practices and maintain documented system of accounting policies and operations
- Complying with all local, state, and federal laws regarding finances, tax filings, and reporting
- Ensuring company complies with all additional legal and regulatory requirements
- Additional duties as needed
Minimum education and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration with an emphasis in accounting
- Two or more years in public accounting preferred.
- Minimum 5 years practical accounting experience, including experience with job cost accounting
- Managerial experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) license preferred
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Able to adapt to an always evolving, fast paced environment with a keen sense of urgency.
- Positive attitude and team player
- Candidate needs to be highly organized, self-motivated, and able to resolve complex issues.
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Capable of multi-tasking and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with accounting and operations teams. Able to work well with senior executives and team, as well as mentor/lead other team members
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of sales, use and payroll tax filings.
- Excellent time and project management is essential.
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Attention to detail
weavix™, the Internet of Workers™ (IoW) platform, allows corporations to realize the future of work, upskill their workforce and cultivate a digital environment to recognize their full potential and their desired outcomes. IoW brings together digital tools and software to ensure your continued success through the digital era of industry. Through innovation, weavix™ connects, protects and optimizes workforce for maximum productivity.
Competitive Salary, Employee Stock Option Program, Competitive Benefits Package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance; 401(k) Retirement Plan; Flexible Spending & Health Savings; Paid Holidays; Paid Time Off; Employee Assistance Program (EAP); Voluntary Benefits, other exciting company benefits.
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at weavix™ embraces and embodies.
We are innovators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are always learning – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, and us.
We are passionate – Results driven but down-to-earth. We believe in excellence in all we do and accept nothing less.
We are one team – The magic of weavix™ is our people, together making our goals attainable and driving us toward excellence.
We value diversity – We know that the best ideas come from teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of job duties and responsibilities of this position. They only reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job. Responsibilities of the position are subject to change as determined necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity